There’s no reason why you can’t have the things you love while you watch your waistline. So today, I wanted to make myself a Caesar Salad with homemade croutons and dressing. No mayo, No problem. It’s all the flavor with less of the calories. This recipes doesn’t have anchovy (I know, I know) but you can easily incorporate if you wish. Check it out!
|Prep Time||5 Minutes|
|Cook Time||10 Minutes|
- 2 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1-2 cloves garlic I like mine with LOTS of garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 3/4 Teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large Egg Yolk
- 3 Tablespoons Parmesan Finely Grated
- Pinch Salt and Pepper To Taste
For the Dressing:
In a small blender, blend garlic, lemon juice, worcestershire, dijon mustard, salt, pepper and parmesan until smooth. Place into a small bowl and add the egg yolk; whisk gently until blended. Slowly drizzle the olive oil while whisking until incorporated. Place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Note: You can do without the blender, finely grate the garlic and parmesan in a bowl then add the remaining ingredients as above.
For the Croutons:
Preheat oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit. Cube up two slices of bread to desired sized and place in a small bowl. Once oven is heated, evenly drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper and toss until incorporated. Place on a baking sheet and toast until golden brown and crispy.
- Note: you can also fry the cubes of bread in the same amount of olive oil until brown and crispy.
Cut the romaine lettuce in half and cut off the ends. Place on the plate as desired. Drizzle desired amount of dressing and top with croutons and grated parmesan.
- Note: to spruce it up, grill your romaine before cutting off the ends to give a nice charred flavor.
Leave a Comment